Central AC vs. Ductless Mini Split Systems: What to Know
It’s no secret that summertime in Texas can be grueling. A reliable cooling system is the only option for homeowners to keep their houses cool and comfortable during the heat. Regarding air conditioning, most properties have either a central AC system or a ductless mini-split cooling system. To determine which unit is best for their home, homeowners should consider the benefits and compare each system and other cooling methods.
Central Air Conditioning
A central air conditioning system is an excellent way for homeowners to cool their houses in the summer. These systems can cool the entire house adequately, using air ducts to distribute the air evenly throughout the home, keeping the family comfortable all summer.
Some things to note about central AC units are:
- It provides even cooling throughout the home and comfort in each room.
- Filters trap particles in the air to effectively remove dust, allergens, and pollutants to improve indoor air quality.
- Increased energy efficiency compared to individual units like window ACs or portable ACs, but typically less energy efficient than ductless mini splits.
Ductless Mini Splits
Ductless mini-split systems offer flexibility to owners of older homes that might not have existing ductwork. These units don’t need air ducts to deliver cool air, making them a convenient option for many households.
These ductless mini split air conditioners provide many benefits, including:
- Flexibility to be installed in homes and buildings without existing ductwork
- Allows homeowners to set different temperature settings in separate rooms or areas of the house
- Increased energy efficiency over other systems as they don’t lose energy in the ductwork, and temperatures can be adjusted in rooms families are not using.
- They are often easier to install since they don’t require air ducts.
Other AC System Options
In addition to central AC and ductless systems, there are other options for cooling homes. Some of these air conditioning units are:
- Window AC Units: These systems are great for cooling rooms or particular areas of a house. However, they are not for cooling the entire home and can be noisy.
- Portable Air Conditioners: These units can be easily moved from one room to another to provide comfort, but they also cannot cool an entire house.
Additionally, these air conditioners are less energy efficient than central AC and mini splits and can cost more to run. These smaller air conditioning options that cool small spaces are better for cooling areas like garages or sheds that aren’t connected to the home’s air conditioning system but need cooling.
About AMC Services, Inc.
AMC Services, Inc. has over 20 years of experience serving Denton and the surrounding areas. They offer flat rate pricing, 24/7 emergency service, and same-day services. Call them today for air conditioning installation and replacement in Denton, TX.